Deshusses Lab News
October 15, 2015
Second Water-Energy Workshop
Marc Deshusses, Avner Vengosh, and Erika Weinthal cohost the Second Water-Energy Workshop at Duke Kunshan University, October 14-15, 2015.
October 1, 2014
We are Making Biocatalytic Surfaces with Bacterial Paints!
September 1, 2014
3 New Papers In-Press or Published
A few papers are in press or published, including:
- "A robust framework to predict mercury speciation in combustion flue gases" (HAZMAT)
- "Application of the finite difference method to model pH and substrate concentration in a double-chamber microbial fuel cell" (Environ. Technol.), and
- "Net methylation of mercury in estuarine sediment microcosms amended with dissolved, nanoparticulate, and microparticulate mercuric sulfides" (Environ. Sci. Technol).
Find direct links to the papers on the Publications page.
August 15, 2014
Completion Nears for Supercritical Oxidation Unit
Our supercritical water oxidation unit for neighborhood sanitation is nearing completion: see timeline and pictures.
Thanks to Andy Miller from Jacoby's lab in Mizzou for helping with construction during the summer.
August 1, 2014
Group Member Updates
- We are saying bye to Mustafa Aslan and Renxi Zhang, after one year sabbatical in the Deshusses' lab. Mustafa produced hydrogen from duckweed by dark-fermentation and Renxi worked on control of fecal odors.
- We are welcoming new graduate student Trisha Dupnock who joined the PhD program.
- Valentin Michel, who is from France, conducted a six-month research stay working on controlling sulfur formation in biotrickling filters treating biogas.
- Several undergrads spent time in the lab during the summer, including: Matthieu Sieredzki (NCSU), Emmanuel Assa (Stanford)